Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install weatherboard fencing?

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

How to install weatherboard fencing?

Hi wonderful workshop community 

We recently got our new fence installed and now starting to plan out some landscaping.

20230210_192111.jpg

I want it install some weatherboard panels to zone off part of the fence above where the deck will eventually go, using weatherboard panels in the image below.

a-lign-fencng-2__PadWzEyMDAsNjc1LCJGRkZGRkYiLDBd.jpg

From what I gather, I'll need to frame up portions of the space between the posts (RED) for the panels to be fixed to (BLUE).

20230210_192200.jpg

Would love any input from anyone, particularly to do with type of timber, screws, brackets suitable.

Thanks again all.

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns

Re: How to install weatherboard fencing?

Hi @WingingIt,

The Dulux 10L Medium Texture Exterior Paint doesn't require the floating step, but you'll still need to use a sponge or mitt to smooth the surface in a circular motion, removing roller marks. It's best to work in a team and have someone to follow behind on this job.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @diy_hausdesigns,

Did you use the texture roller over the Dunlop render to enhance the render look? 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MitchellMc I applied the Dunlop render directly onto the FC sheets using the texture roller. The photo below is how it came out in closer detail. 

1000039462.jpg

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects