Workshop
Ask a question

How to fix the wrong colour Polyfill?

asmith5021
Just Starting Out

How to fix the wrong colour Polyfill?

Hi 

I used the wrong colour Polyfill, grey on a white alfresco ceiling. I thought it was going to come out a lot lighter than what it did. Now it looks like there are blobs of blutac all over the ceiling. I'm thinking of just getting it painted over again.

Would this be able to bring it back to normal? Or would it require plastering as well?

Regards

Andrew

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What to do when you used the wrong colour Polyfill?

Hi @asmith5021,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it's great to have you with us.

To assist our helpful members in providing you with advice, would it be possible to upload some photos? Let me know if you need assistance with this.

It is likely that all you will need to do is lightly sand the Polyfilla with a sanding sponge to create a smooth texture to match the rest of the ceiling, then paint over it with a suitable ceiling paint, but it is hard to tell without seeing it.

Once you've uploaded some photos, I will be able to offer some more definitive advice.

Jacob

436764062_426161236820216_4713989297864439666_n.jpg

435181321_832297192072318_7784142118483704731_n.jpg

Thanks Jacobz. I do feel foolish. This now looks like I have blutack stuck to the ceiling. Definitely getting someone in to fix this before I ruin it.

  

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @asmith5021,

Not to worry, if we never made mistakes, we would never learn. The great thing about construction is there is always a way to fix and subsequently learn from those mistakes. 

Let me know if you'd like any further assistance.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects